Sadly, I am not going to answer your question, because I am still focussing
in my current education on vanilla complex number geometries anyway.
Instead, I am going to comment on "are there higher order numbers beyond
complex needed for algebraic operations" by emphasizing 'needed' - I always
considered math as methods that could be applied to various hypothetical
structures/ideas to provide an interesting train of thought. If this is a
useful perception of mathematics(and if it is not, please feel free to say
so), then would there be a necessary but as-yet undiscovered need for any
particular concept? Would it not be better to say, "are there
number(data?)-structures that provide for interesting algebras not yet
considered?"
-Arlo James Barnes