"Abundance" is on my night table, Owen, but I haven't a very clear idea of when I'll get to it.

Pamela

On Feb 29, 2012, at 8:33 PM, Owen Densmore wrote:

Abundance was discussed today on PBS's On Point:
     http://onpoint.wbur.org/2012/02/29/can-innovation-save-us

Its interesting that much of the conversation was on tech/science and innovation. But it seems to me the big challenge is in the humanities and social sciences. How do we stop destruction of each other and begin to understand each other.

There is a tech/sci area that may help: Computational Social Science. Scott Page (online course) has an interesting statement in his Decision Theory section. Not only can DT help you understand how to make better decisions, but it can help you deconstruct other people's decision process. This is hugely useful in negotiation and diplomacy.

Has anyone here read Abundance? If so, does it address peace and understanding? Diplomacy?

   -- Owen