On Amazon my textbook sells for $85 and the Kindle edition for $80, so there
are almost no Kindle sales. Hard to explain the pricing.

Although pads may change this, students prefer to have paper versions of books.
One thing that at least some publishers are trying is to sell both version for
slightly more than the print version. Students seem to like that they can have
the electronic version when they go to class and the paper versions for when
they are studying at home.

Re Amazon in general. They have the power to drive down the price of books
which reduces the amount the author gets while hopefully increasing sales.
However, by driving out competing book sellers it's not clear that in the long
run we (authors) are going to be better off with Amazon that we are with the
present publishers.

Ed

Ed Angel

Founding Director, Art, Research, Technology and Science Laboratory (ARTS Lab)
Professor Emeritus of Computer Science, University of New Mexico

1017 Sierra Pinon
Santa Fe, NM 87501
505-984-0136 (home)                     an...@cs.unm.edu
505-453-4944 (cell)                             http://www.cs.unm.edu/~angel