Apologies for possible cross-postings. Please circulate to any agent-based
modeling researchers with interests in urban simulations/applications.

-Stephen

----

Taking into account several requests from potential contributors, the
deadline for submission of papers to the ECAI-2012 workshop *Intelligent
Agents in Urban Simulations and Smart Cities* has been postponed. The new
submission deadline is June 6, 2012.

                         Call For Papers
*Intelligent Agents in Urban Simulations and Smart Cities*
workshop at ECAI-2012
Montpellier, France, August 27 or 28, 2012
http://www-poleia.lip6.fr/~corruble/IAUSSCws/Home.html

In this workshop, we intend to address specific methodological and
technological issues raised by the deployment of agents in rich
environments such as virtual cities. We will welcome contributions tackling
issues related to reactive agents, cognitive architectures, the capacity to
scale up to handle thousands or hundreds of thousands of agents, the
ability to simulate realistic group behaviors which might be judged non
rational, etc., all in the context of urban agents. We will also welcome
contributions showcasing original applications of agent and multi-agent
technologies within urban simulations, be it for design, planning,
education, training, or entertainment.

Worskhop Chairs:
Vincent Corruble (contact), Université Pierre et Marie Curie (Paris 6),
France
Fabio Carrera, Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI), USA
Stephen Guerin, Santa Fe Complex, USA

Important Dates:
*6 June 2012*: Workshop paper submission deadline
28 June 2012: Notifications to authors (subject to modification)
13 July 2012: Submissions of camera-ready copies of selected papers
27 or 28 August 2012: Workshop date

Submission information:
12 page max. submissions, Springer Verlag LNCS conference format

Contact:
Vincent Corruble (iaussc2...@easychair.org)
workshop page: http://www-poleia.lip6.fr/~corruble/IAUSSCws/Home.html