Marcus G. Daniels wrote at 09/17/2012 05:07 PM:
> In this way, tolerance can be mapped to organizational rules.  If the
> abuse is described by shared rules there's a mechanism to stop the
> abuse.  If it is not described by shared rules, the (silent) bullied
> individuals need to work to make their organization serve their needs
> better -- or be better at being invisible -- or change their philosophy.

As usual, I'm compelled to disagree even though I agree with everything
you said. ;-)  Perhaps the bullied (or misidentified troll) serves a
purpose to the group?  And perhaps it's in both the group's and the
victim's best interest to maintain the status quo.  Hence, the bullied
need to tolerate or even encourage the bullies to bully more.  This
might be a way to understand that strange desire on the part of some
protesters to be pepper sprayed and roughed up by paramilitary riot
police.  What better way to stimulate the mirror neurons of your peers
than to exacerbate the bullying?

Go ahead.  Taunt that cop!

--
glen