Yep.  I've already broached the subject with my county library.  Their
criteria center around whether the new thing (book, CD, whatever) would
be of use to the average library user.  So, most of the stuff I want
doesn't qualify.  Apparently math isn't very useful to my fellow
citizens. ;-)

But I may be able to convince one of the universities to buy a copy.  I
searched the oregon and california university library catalogs and
nobody seems to have a copy.