Wow!  Your confidence in behavioral technology is way greater than mine;
but perhaps that's because I am a psychologist.

Do you find stalking laws, as presently constituted, bizarre?

Nick

From: Friam [mailto:friam-boun...@redfish.com] On Behalf Of Marcus G.
Daniels
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 7:03 PM
To: friam@redfish.com
Subject: Re: [FRIAM] Privacy vs Open Public Data

On 1/16/13 5:47 PM, Nicholas Thompson wrote:

So, you see no problem there?  There are good people and bad people.  You
can tell from the B tattooed on their wrist?  So, lets us good people screw
the bad people and  get on with it.  What if one of the bad people is a
heluva musician? Or a great mathematician?   N

I don't believe that use of public facts is bad, and I find your stalking
idea bizarre.

If some subset of a community feels to harass an individual that has engaged
in the past in an illegal activity, even after that individual has been
treated, then those people should also get treatment.   If there are public
welfare risks from the past offender that are high and unaddressed, and the
treatment of the offender was inadequate, then fix that.

Marcus