Nick,

I have avoided larding by quoting nothing whatever.

That should help my concentrate your attention on the point that I think is
most important,
which I have not seen you address at all (but I may have missed it): WHAT IS
YOUR END-IN-VIEW?

My previous claim, that (larded) e-mail correspondences are very like (properly
conducted, if
somewhat anarchic) conversations, suggests an ancillary--and
behavioral!--question for you to
consider to aid you in responding to the question above: what would you do (and
why, or why
not, would you want to), to achieve that end-in-view, if instead of an e-mail
correspondence
you had a recorded (or transcribed) conversation?