For what it's worth, I'll mention that my primary machine is Windows, but I
routinely check the behavior of my projects VPython (vpython.org) and
GlowScript (glowscript.org) on Mac and Ubuntu Linux.

Because it's so common for knowledgeable people to do Windows-bashing, I'll
comment that in my efforts over the last 12 years to make VPython work well
on all three major platforms, it is Mac and Ubuntu Linux that have
regularly broken things with their updates, whereas Windows has maintained
backward compatibilty during this entire period, across several major
operating system releases.

Bruce