Doug --

So your complaint at this point, now that you've rooted and installed a
custom ROM, is that the phone can't do WiFi and Bluetooth at the same time?

WiFi and Bluetooth both use the same frequencies (2.1 GHz unregulated band)
and I've seen specs where they're implemented in the same radio, which
would mean that you could have one or the other, but not both at the same
time.  It wouldn't surprise me if that were the standard implementation of
cell phone WiFi and Bluetooth, especially since I've never seen a spec that
specified two separate radios for WiFi and Bluetooth.

My HTC Nexus One, the one that eventually went through the wash, was able
to stream audio over bluetooth when you plugged it into its cradle.  That
worked fine if it was playing mp3's off the SDcard.  But if you tried to
stream Pandora from WiFi then you could hear the frequency at which the
radio was multiplexing between WiFi and Bluetooth.  It was a magnificent
attempt to make two digital systems stretch to create an analog illusion,
but it didn't make it.

There's two phones, Nexus 4 and Nexus One, where we've actually tried to
run WiFi and Bluetooth at the same time and had problems.

So, where's the list of phones that you've tested where WiFi and Bluetooth
operated simultaneously with no problems?

-- rec --

On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 11:19 AM, Douglas Roberts <d...@parrot-farm.net>wrote:

> And Steve is easy to pick out of the crowd:
>
> Page Views:
> 1
> Entry Page Time:
> 23 Feb 2013 11:05:47
> Browser:
> Firefox 18.0
> OS:
> MacOSX
> Resolution:
> 1280x800
> Total Visits:
> 15
> Location:
> Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States
> IP Address:
> Tewa Broadband Chimayo Red, Llc (65.19.38.201) [Label IP Address]
> Referring URL:
> (No referring link)
> Visit Page:
>  things-linux.blogspot.com/2013/02/96-days-and-counting.html
>

> On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 11:17 AM, Owen Densmore <o...@backspaces.net>wrote:
>
>> Sounds like I.
>>
>> On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 11:08 AM, Douglas Roberts
>> <d...@parrot-farm.net>wrote:
>>
>>> BTW Owen, I believe I've got you identified:
>>>
>>> Page Views:
>>> 1
>>> Entry Page Time:
>>> 23 Feb 2013 11:03:59