On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 11:14 AM, Douglas Roberts <d...@parrot-farm.net>wrote:

> Oh come on guys, Google never makes a mistake. Ever.
>
> --Doug

OK, how's this for specific.  Try these on:

Do you think Android will last?  I don't mean "will it completely go away"
but will google, for example, drop out of the Android consortium and let
the handset makers carry the load?

Will G+ be dropped?  After all, it mainly gives a Facebook-like world for
most folks.  G+ is "better" from our standpoint, but I use twitter 100x
more than either FB or G+ and FB has the masses and will never loose them.
So G+ is just catch up and niche.

How about Chrome?  I think that is the more likely to remain stable forever
simply because they depend on a browser as the root of all that they do.
 Ditto the Dev Tools which are superb. Hopefully solid.

How about Chrome OS? The twitter world is betting on Mozilla over Google in
the browser-as-OS world.  Possibly because Brenden Eich became CTO
recently.  Also their phone promises a way to have "responsive design"
webapps become universal, getting rid of the need for customized
android/iphone/windows apps.  That's a pretty big win for perplexed
companies moving into mobile.

How about Dart?  Consider ASM.js vs Dart.  Which would you bet on?  I'm
still betting on Mozilla's ASM.js because its simply more fundamental and
understandable and even is part of a C++ to JS translation effort.

   -- Owen