Agreed.  I do like the petition's approach: simply no time shifting during the year.  Whether it stays DST all year long (my preference) or "standard time" is to be decided.
I'm not sure anyone (at our latitude) is going to like *arriving* at work an hour *before* sunrise?

Changing clocks is silly, but so is slavishly following the clock when your metabolism and instincts tell you not to.  If you like DST, get up earlier during the summer... lobby your favorite coffee house to open an hour earlier in the morning come equinox or so... don't amend the constitution to move the sun in the sky and set the value of Pi to 3 for administrative convenience or whimsy!

   -- Owen