I like it!  Assuming spherical cows .. i.e. an hour's shift twice a year
(although they are not symmetric .. more days of DST than std time) .. we'd
shift 60 seconds per 6 months or 10sec/month or roughly .33 sec/day.

The asymmetry would make things fairly non-linear, but easily computable
and managed by the time servers.  Our watches would have to be "smart" but
that's been coming anyway with the iWatch rumored out soon.  And making
slight adjustments to my fav old time clocks would just be a monthly tweak
.. likely the newspapers would keep a daily time column much like the
weather.

   -- Owen