Owen-
Sorry to bump, but now *another* DST fkup: Europe does not change DST when the US does.

So today our skype Italian class was shifted, and both Dede and I had to cancel scheduled events.

If we have to live with time changes, we should at least try to make it global, we're a pretty global community now and I bet others got hit by US/Euro/Worldwide differences.
Yup... my Australian colleagues would love it if we made them set their clocks forward in *their* Autumn and back in *their* Spring. They could enjoy the *worst* of both the natural sidereal day's limitations and our ideal of mucking with it.

Better yet, let's defer to *them* and let them decide when *we* should set our clocks forward and back based on *their* preferences and convenience... if it got bad enough some of us might just quit referencing our clocks!

Let's just get it over with and set Pi == 3 (or 2 or 4 for those with a fetish for binary and for "better to be wrong than vague").

I agree that it would be convenient if the Southern Hemisphere could spring forward when we fall back and vice-versa... as having to adjust by 0 or 1 or 2 hours throughout the year is a bit wonky... but our model of solar time is imperfect and any and all adjustments are going to be flawed.

- Steve