Nick -

From long experience with FRIAM I have learned that it is best not to be lofty and wrong at the same time. Lofty, occasionally? Wrong, often! But never lofty AND wrong.

You hit the nail on the head... I'm in the midst of composing "yet another" Lofty and LONG e-mail that is probably *also* littered with some WRONG. And the subject of it is a corollary to what you said here. To summarize what you are about to receive and most will (for very good reasons) choose to skim or not read at all, this list is prone to lofty AND wrong. I remember quite well when Bruce corrected me (quite politely) on several of the details of my diatribe about the local history of Spanish-Native (mis)relations. I was being LOFTY, WRONG (and as usual LONG).

Maybe it is just the nature of "coffee house chat" or "bar talk" or "armchair speculation", or maybe it is literally the stuff of "brainstorming"?

- Steve