Here be a more or less recent paper about measuring happiness, from the famous Sabine Hossenfelder. Bears on the philosopher of science conversation too.

(just open what gets downloaded as a .pdf, even if doesn't look like one....)

Found at my favorite physics blog: http://www.backreaction.com, which I don't always agree with, anyhow this is interesting.

Carl