I'm not sure what the relevance is. I can do DIY science by getting access
to whatever scientific equipment is needed to do the experiments.  Does it
really matter what it takes to get access to that equipment? It may be
easy; it may be hard. But if it's possible what's the difference as far as
your perspective on what science is?

*-- Russ Abbott*
***  Professor, Computer Science*
*  California State University, Los Angeles*

*  My paper on how the Fed can fix the economy: ssrn.com/abstract=1977688*
*  Google voice: 747-*999-5105
  Google+: plus.google.com/114865618166480775623/
*  vita:  *sites.google.com/site/russabbott/
  CS Wiki <http://cs.calstatela.edu/wiki/> and the courses I teach