Fuggit, work can wait, the first proposal is in final edit and the second
one is under control, so why delay my response.

Re: your question of what do I find ridiculous: Not the subject of the
referenced paper, certainly.  Rather our little group's pronounced tendency
to niggle and (dare I say it?) pontificate over the true, deep, and (dare I
say it?) philosophical meanings of words.  Like, say, just to pick a random
sample:  "emergence", "complex", "behaviors", "through", "causal",
"entropic", and "forces".

And now to hijack my own thread: the referenced paper mentions cosmology as
one of the topic ares that the above terms are frequently used to describe.
 Since cosmology is one of my favorite spare time reading focus areas, I
wanted to make an observation that the following reference makes very
clearly, which is that *nobody* has even the slightest glimmer of
understanding of our true cosmological origins.  Even the events after that
instant of the big bang, where it is postulated that our universe expanded
from sub-atomic dimensions, through inflation (inflation? WTF caused that?)
are only sparsely understood.

Classical physicists like to duck the subject of "What caused the big
bang?" by hiding behind the academic artifice of claiming that the question
is meaningless because space-time did not exist before the big bang.

But, we do like to pontificate here on FRIAM, don't we?  Deeply, and
philosophically. But rather than continuing in the usual vein of debating
(deeply, but with much pontification) the true meaning, of, say "emergence"
again, let's take the discussion in a new direction.  Sorry for the
Facebook link, but the original article is buried behind a NewScientist
paywall.  The article nicely addresses my thoughts on that other question
you asked me, i.e. where do I think life comes from.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=501821756549668&set=a.477892902275887.114170.334816523250193&type=1&theater

--TrollBoi