On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 09:01:41AM -0700, glen e. p. ropella wrote:
> Steve Smith wrote at 04/25/2013 08:08 PM:
> > But let's see if something emerges on FOAR
> > of merit regarding Deutsch and the Multiverse!
>
> I subscribed.  But, _sheesh_, 41 e-mails since I stopped reading
> yesterday. And lots of acronyms and jargon.  It'll take quite an
> investment to ramp up.  Thanks for the link Russell.

There is currently a very active (and sometimes heated) discussion
about something called the movie graph argument (MGA), which proposes
to show that computationalism is incompatible with materialism. It is
quite technical.

Just ignore it if it doesn't interest you.

As for multiverse stuff, most of the participants are died-in-the wool
MWI people. You could try asking a question, or posing a difficulty
that the Multiverse might have. Or you could ask about Deutsh's
physical turing principle. Just suggestions.

Until the current MGA discussion dies down, I'm trying to avoid other
threads - but I'll no doubt weigh in on something that looks interesting.

Cheers

Principal, High Performance Coders