On 8/20/13 9:02 PM, Marcus G. Daniels wrote:
On 8/20/13 8:18 PM, Steve Smith wrote:
This sounds a lot like the problem of verifying computer-generated proofs like the early example of the 4 color problem. It might be almost good enough to be able to verify each "step" of the proof and the "logic" that it all hangs together with, even if no human can claim to actually intuitively grasp the entireity of it?

Not a constructive proof, I'm claiming that from a bunch of wonky premises the `candidate for proposed trust mode 3' can iterate a argument forward in a useful, convincing, or subjectively interesting way that causes me to listen for more. It might just be because they're a good at sales and that I'm a sucker. The Kool-Aid is tasty, may I have another glass?!

Goof! I lost the thread. I was arguing that universal truth could be displaced with best-effort transactional scrutiny. Passing transactional scrutiny I argue is form of trust mode 1. It's only a good as the available eyes on the problem -- the trust giver's. Trust mode 3 is where "subjectively interesting" lands. Trust Mode 1 = Convince, Trust Mode 3 = Entertain / Motivate

Marcus