This was fun:
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/comment/2013/09/meadows-boehner-defund-obamacare-suicide-caucus-geography.html

Where the suicide caucus lives, republican congressmen and mitt romney won
last fall with double digit margins, the population is > 80% white, and
there's not a chance in hell of those gerrymandered districts going any
other way for quite a while.  They aren't the majority of the GOP, but
they're essential to maintaining the GOP majority in congress, so they, 79
white men and 1 white woman, blackmail the rest of the GOP, the GOP
blackmails the rest of the government, and Glen gets to eat his
non-refundable travel expenses.  So it goes.

I actually don't think that Steve Pearce's district in southern new mexico
is really that white, but they do have a lot of republican latinos down
that way.

This
http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/09/24/how-did-conservatives-get-this-radical/
was
also interesting,

James Sidanius, a professor of psychology at Harvard, working from a
liberal perspective, uses a
measure<http://dash.harvard.edu/bitstream/handle/1/3207711/Sidanius_SocialDominanceOrientation.pdf?sequence=1>
he
calls “Social Dominance Orientation” to
describe<http://dash.harvard.edu/bitstream/handle/1/3207711/Sidanius_SocialDominanceOrientation.pdf?sequence=1>
“the
extent to which one desires that one’s in-group dominate and be superior to
out-groups.”

-- rec --