Steve:

Ouch. Its uncomfortable when you hold up a description of America....by making us look in the mirror. Ol' Pogo was right. (We have met the enemy and he is ...). Rant away, my good man.

You have thought deeper on this than I have. My attraction to the 11 Nations Model is its nuances that
I would not have been able to find - even if I could do the research.

I also contributed with a vote for Reagan. Tho in my young case, he just seemed more "with it" than his opponent. Except for Mondale - natch in that election I voted for the Hometown boy.

I also hope for a balanced give-n-take at the center. There are moderate Republicans, but they dare not speak out because of Duke Norquist. He will pile on obscene amounts of money to take down any Republican who doesn't hold the "party line" and kiss his ring on bended knee. Notice how newly elected Republicans all make the pilgrimage to the Duke's castle? So who are these Republicans representing anyway? Those who voted for them or those who give them money?

With moderates on both sides of the aisle we could actually make government work.

Your comments lead me to infer there are other demographic or political models you use. I would
like to hear about them.

Thanks,
StephT