Greetings:
Hmm. Interesting. I know at one point the OculusRift was going for some
kickstarter funding. Some of those were game publishers for online gaming.
Names that surfaced included ID Software, Activison, and Sony. I wouldn't
be to suprised if one of the things they're devs could help lower
development cost. Real time response being a big thing for game publishers
I wouldn't be suprised if they could bring that to the table as well.
Android though isn't known for being consistant with realtime response.
Can google get android right on the phone? Dodgy at that.
This makes me skeptical that android would pan out well for the Rift stuff.

Steve you may know the name, and have some insight. At a some dev
confrence,  A MS Dev had said that it's on the table for the Kinect to have
some sort of imersive environment doodad- that didn't require having a tv
screen on your face. I bring it up because that kind of thing may have more
longevity in terms of extended use. I'd love to here your insight and
experience with either one.