Dear Russ,

Your 500 workers will soon hopefully be covered by the Affordable Care Act.
 Fortunately, the President, for a change, seems to be making up for
businessmen and corporations who don't think paying health insurance is in
the interest of their profit making goals.

On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 7:34 AM, Robert J. Cordingley
<rob...@cirrillian.com>wrote:

> IMHO. You would presumably be doing business as a sole proprietor and not
> as a corporation and would hire them as independent contractors, then I
> think the answer is no, because their contract will bestow no employment
> benefits.  But I am not an attorney, so I'd consult my local friendly
> employment lawyer.
> Robert C
>

> On 12/5/13 11:26 PM, Russ Abbott wrote:
>
>> This (finally) leads to the question I want to ask.  Let's assume that I
>> as an individual hire 500 people to work for me. I do not incorporate; I
>> just hire them individual to individual. Does anyone know if the law
>> requires me to provide health insurance for them?

Merle Lefkoff, Ph.D.
President, Center for Emergent Diplomacy
Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA
me...@emergentdiplomacy.org
mobile:  (303) 859-5609
skype:  merlelefkoff