I think your answer to that question is the only one possible under your
epistemology.

But then, given that I DO all the things that I do, “you” (in the non-adhominem
sense) lose the ability to infer from some entity doing conscious-ish sorts of
things that such entities are conscious, right?

Nicholas S. Thompson

Clark University

 <http://home.earthlink.net/~nickthompson/naturaldesigns/>