Please look at our website:  emergentdiplomacy.org and click on Bretton
Woods 3.0 for a complex systems response to single-issue campaigns.

Also, dear group, I'm leaving next week for the People's Global Climate
Change March in New York to shake up the U.N. before the start of the next
climate change summit.  I just got off the global organizing conference
call, and in the best self-organizing way the march is picking up steam and
may involve up to 200,000 people in New York alone.  CNN will be
broadcasting world-wide.  And there are 1,366 local marches in 198
countries around the world to support the big march in New York.  This is
how you make change.  As many of you do, I remember the 60s and the civil
rights and anti-war movements.  And now we have social media.

Direct action is perhaps the most important way today to get the attention
of positional leaders who are virtually all bought and sold.  And the
Bretton Woods 3.0 summit in Santa Fe in May, 2016 will bring all those
organizers together.  Let me know if you want to help.

Thanks, Merle

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 9:39 AM, Owen Densmore <o...@backspaces.net> wrote:

> I think its going to be quite a while before we see the impact of Mayday
> and be able to judge it's "success".
>
> But single issue is definitely a problem if not really, really well
> defined.
>
> For example, can Mayday's approach readjust the time folks spend on
> getting funding?  You'd think they'd want the congress/senate to have more
> time to actually do something.
>
> If not, maybe they should have a different goal: unblocking the roadblock.
>
>    -- Owen
>

> On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 10:14 AM, glen <g...@ropella.name> wrote:
>

>> We're starting to see the unintended consequences that we were trying to
>> suss out with our "explanations for why one should do nothing".
>>

>> http://irregulartimes.com/2014/09/10/did-the-single-issue-mayday-pac-fund-canvassers-on-obamacare-gun-rights-and-global-warming/
>>
>> Although it's probably too late, those who care might step in and suggest
>> to mayday.us that "single issue" campaigns are part of the problem, not
>> part of the solution... if "complexity" means anything, it means that.
>>

>> On 07/01/2014 09:22 PM, Robert J. Cordingley wrote:
>> > Dare I say, as expected, offered an opportunity to actual do something,
>> many (the 91%?) keep explaining (debate back and forth) why one should do
>> nothing.
>> >
>> > With all the talent and expertise on this list, surely someone could
>> help Larry Lessig succeed with his campaign?  It's complicated/complex.
>> Who's up to it?  Remember, this was inspired <
>> http://motherboard.vice.com/read/how-aaron-swartz-helped-inspire-lawrence-lessigs-mayday-pac>
>> by Aaron Swartz.
>>

>> --
>> ⇒⇐ glen e. p. ropella
>> Lobsterbacks attack the town again

Merle Lefkoff, Ph.D.
President, Center for Emergent Diplomacy
Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA
me...@emergentdiplomacy.org
mobile:  (303) 859-5609
skype:  merlelefkoff