From: Friam [mailto:friam-boun...@redfish.com] On Behalf Of glen
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2015 9:21 AM
To: The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group
Subject: Re: [FRIAM] Google's Graveyard

On 02/04/2015 04:18 PM, Owen Densmore wrote:
> Love this tweet:

I'm really glad Google is so performance based in its product strategy.  It's a
far cry from wasteful and obsolete old school practices that pour lots of
resources into a narrow channel, artificially maintaining zombie products.  It
seems akin to evolution, actually.  "The master has failed more times than the
beginner has even tried."

It also seems to reflect a new sense of the C2B relationship.  The rejection of
brand loyalty was a hallmark of GenX.  Then the millenials made it fundamental
to their ethos, even defining character by it. (Anyone wearing, say, a
Coca-Cola branded product must be a tool... unless the irony is obvious... like
a tattooed stick-boy wearing a CAT cap.)  These days, anyone who openly or
obviously _relies_ on a corporate product is (culturally, at least) an
anachronism.  This is the heart of the reactionary criticism of, say, Occupy
protesters relying so much on Apple products.

--
⇒⇐ glen e. p. ropella
I spend 'em as fast as they come