It's only fair to say the google ecology is converging to some degree and
is pretty useful.  I did find the fail of their RSS reader problematic.

OTOH: I find myself unwilling to rely on several of their products,
preferring others that I think will last. Dropbox, for example for sync'ed
storage rather than Google Drive.  I guess I find Google schizophrenic.

Apple has a similar issue, but based on failures of the past rather than
simply dropping services.  My guess iCloud will work, after the failures of
their prior attempts.  But I won't rely on it.

   -- Owen