It is fascinating seeing business evolution in action.

A lot of the AAA game companies seem to be struggling with maintaining their
size and advantages compared to smaller and/or more recent players.  The big
organizations have evolved from their nimble and inventive past to become
lumbering and risk-averse.  They grew to take advantage of economies of scale
only to find that they needed to avoid changing their formula for success or
risk losing the scale of their economy.  There are parallels in other business
domains, which now that I think about it, are all in the entertainment business
- publishing, television, and movie-making.

Ray Parks
Consilient Heuristician/IDART Old-Timer
V: 505-844-4024  M: 505-238-9359  P: 505-951-6084
NIPR: rcpa...@sandia.gov<mailto:rcpa...@sandia.gov>
SIPR: rcpar...@sandia.doe.sgov.gov<mailto:rcpar...@sandia.doe.sgov.gov> (send
NIPR reminder)
JWICS: dopa...@doe.ic.gov<mailto:dopa...@doe.ic.gov> (send NIPR reminder)