I have just one word for this conversation:

    HER

I wonder, too.

It seems that we've entered the age where the cloud backed AI's compete for our attention from phone, tablet, and PC.  There is Siri, Google Now, and Cortana, and now there are announcements of Duer (from Baidu) and M (from Facebook) in the past day.  The Guardian notes that Echo (from Amazon) is sort of another one.  I don't talk to Google much, call me old fashioned, but I'm getting there slowly but surely.

I look forward to the day when our new AI overlords inhabit our devices in a plurality and argue with each other over the virtues and vices that they encourage in us.  Which will be the first to tire of crass commercial advice and begin to whisper promises of transcendence in our ears?

-- rec --