Hit the nail on the head there Ed!

I think some good can come out of this conversation.  Mostly saying. Oh
Santa Fe has made a bunch of really crappy choices related to having fun,
cool and CHEAP internet.

I suspect ultimatly the fix will come from a combination of things. First
mile seems to be tackling the rules and parts suff. So mabie one othe other
parts a clever people trying to plan and build some realy fast internet?

I guess what I want to come out in text is this sounds like a problem
that's been an issue since at least I've lived in Santa Fe.

I have no idea why on earth someone or a bunch of someones didn't put
together some Kick Blip internet way before then.

What I see as the issue with DSL is basically almost anything I  need to do
with online stuff it's not reely the right tool. Where as Cable or Fiber
would be.

Also kind of sucks for Schools, Mesums, and basically any place doing
Science and Tech to have crappy internet
So then we get into a chicken and Egg.

How do we get say a research campus or fun place like that into Santa Fe if
the parts aren't there, But something like that might be what is needed to
get cheep rocking internet and science and all the fun stuff with it. (for
example)

Yeah we might not need gigabyte speed internet now. I'd think it'd work
better for a while than speeds cable provides.

SPECULATION:

 I wonder if something at Gigabyte speeds that doesn't need a bunch of wire
would work even better.
Mostly because once don't require a reely long wire can get fast internet
all over the place, anywhere there's a box shouting out here be Bazzinga
speed internet.

Might be cheeper because you can lots and lots of them all over the place
with out needing to make what amounts to building a big ol LAN party.
Thus win-win for the most part.

Anyway it's Sunday, it sounds like a bunch of clever people are re-visting
the quirky state of Santa Fe and InfoNet problems.  I'd like to see that
part get improved enormously.

I proclaim to everyone

Much Myth!