I doubt Marcus took your e-mail personally.  I think he was making a standard
point about obligation and advocacy.

Your idea of dividing bandwidth in the same (or similar) ways things like roads
or power might be divided is interesting, though.  All of the precision you
raise can be done.  Our laws surrounding things like HOV lanes or even luxury
taxes would apply to network bandwidth _if_ our legislators and the public
would take the time to learn what it all means.  ... reminds me of this
kerfuffle:

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2016/01/friends-please-tell-t-mobiles-ceo-about-eff