Hi, everybody,

I have a granddaughter on vacation who is showing some interest in maths.
We have been fooling around with graph paper, you know, "the squaw upon the
hippopotamus is equal to the suns of the squaw's on the other two hides",
etc., and playing race track on graph paper (which didn't grab her (used
squares that were too small) but that's about all I have in my repertoire.

Any suggestions for really nifty stuff on the web (or that I could learn
from the web quick enough) for 9 year olds.  I;ve been told that early
childhood is the best time to teach calculus, but not by anybody who
actually knew how to do it.  She is quick on a computer.

Nick

Nicholas S. Thompson

Clark University