I was going to tell Gil that “cat” is sort of like “type” in the command prompt
(no big deal) but I thought I would open one to make sure that was the name of
the command since I haven’t used it for years.  I realize that I don’t know how
to open the command prompt on this Windows 7 laptop.

With cat, which has something to do with concatenate, you can say “cat a b > c”
which, as I recall, puts the contents of the files a and b into file c.

Frank

Frank C. Wimberly

140 Calle Ojo Feliz

Santa Fe, NM 87505