Frank -

I used to have semi-lucid dreams whose setting was inside of a VM of some kind... being a Unix-head myself, it often had a lot of Shell like idioms but it also had many of the flavors of the kinds of higher level tools I might have been using about that time. I remember early Objective C flavored dreams, CURSES library dreams, APL dreams involving projective geometry, Prolog dreams involving natural language understanding, and eventually VR and mixed reality dreams. In fact the latter two I would say I still have, though they are polluted/mixed with myth-dreams based in various archetypal tropes. I think I dreamed in mathematics during my introduction to calculus and later to group theory. During my first class in Quantum Chemistry I swear I dreamed in the superposition of quantum states. I also sometimes dream in poetry.

{\displaystyle {\hat {H}}|\psi (t)\rangle =i\hbar {\frac {\partial }{\partial t}}|\psi (t)\rangle }

I feel ya brother!

 - Steve