From: Friam [mailto:friam-boun...@redfish.com] On Behalf Of Merle Lefkoff
Sent: Saturday, January 07, 2017 8:59 PM
To: The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group <friam@redfish.com>
Subject: Re: [FRIAM] Hope or Despair

There's no need for a he/she, Owen.  The term has no relevance when talking
about the presidency.

On Sat, Jan 7, 2017 at 10:31 AM, Owen Densmore <o...@backspaces.net
<mailto:o...@backspaces.net> > wrote:

Clearly you need to attend to Kissinger and Bremmer.

In terms of Russia, Kissinger's analysis of the Nation State suggests we have
been far too shallow. There are very good reasons for the Russian people to
feel exposed by the west's encroachment, and why they approve of Putin to the
degree they do.

Trump is no threat. I personally have not given up even one of my 25 Damns over
him. Any threatened Rape and Pillage will likely just cause another economic
implosion which we survived pretty well.

I am curious, however, which of Bremmers 3 Americas Trump tends to, or what
blend of the three. And what Trump thinks of Kissinger's recent defense of the
nation state .. I know Kissinger is meeting with Trump.

Presidential politics are unique. Presidential historians agree that, whatever
a president has promised, he/she is always formed by unexpected, exogenous
events. At a guess, they will be foreign affairs in Trump's case. I hope he
takes the MoneyBall stance.

   -- Owen

Merle Lefkoff, Ph.D.
President, Center for Emergent Diplomacy
Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA
merlelef...@gmail.com <mailto:merlelef...@gmail.com>
mobile:  (303) 859-5609
skype:  merle.lelfkoff2