Right, it's fine for us to be talking about ambiguous concepts... in fact, I'd
argue those are the things that need the most discussion.  Just for context,
since I'm still waiting for my hepatocyte culture simulation to finish, I took
this test:

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/beautiful-minds/23-signs-youe28099re-secretly-a-narcissist-masquerading-as-a-sensitive-introvert/

I got a 67 ... of course, that's probably biased since I'm taking the test in
the context of this conversation.  But what's amazing to me is my ability to
doubt myself while remaining confident in my doubt of other things.  The best
question was:

  "___ I tend to feel humiliated when criticized."

This reminds me of the reappropriation of negative labels.  I can't help but
wonder what mechanisms (deeply) insecure people have developed to handle
negative circumstances.  And that reminds me of this article, which I thought
was fantastic:

  An open letter to Milo Yiannopoulos
  http://www.dailycal.org/2017/01/17/open-letter-milo-yiannopoulos/

I think most people are hurt by criticism of any kind.  But what matters is not
that you're hurt by it.  What matters is how you _respond_.  And how you
respond also happens to be how we diagnose personality disorders.  It seems
less about how the incoming information impinges on you and much more about how
you respond, what your rearing taught you to do.

--
☣ glen