REC -

Why do "we" do this? I mean the part about stretching the truth to support our point, only to undermine our point?

I don't have any trouble extrapolating from THIS story that the ban and attendant delays *could have* caused the death in the way implied, but that isn't the same and just feeds the whole "culture of fake news".

I don't know how many of my anti-Trumpian friends have reported things to me that sounded outrageous, only to follow it up and discover that while there was a grain of truth in it, what they reported was some kind of distortion that undermined *their* credibility more than it undermined the position of their opposition?

- SAS