What if faster firing tightened a brain's coupling to its environment, rather
than loosening it?  That would suggest that brains with fast neurons would be
_less_ tolerant of ambiguity, not more.  One couldn't think deeply about
anything because the environment would keep you locked in a kind of
stimulus-response cage ... a slave of your own fast firing neurons.

--
☣ glen