On 08/16/2017 09:56 PM, Marcus Daniels wrote:
> http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2017/08/what_the_alt_left_was_actually_doing_in_charlottesville.html

I was intrigued by this tweet:

  https://twitter.com/veryapetv/status/898240260550909952

Here's the full text for the 1st quote:

> Sir, -- Having experienced fascism in the flesh, as a citizen of a
> Nazi-occupied country, a member of the resistance and a concentration camp
> prisoner, I am profoundly dismayed by Kevin Myers's reflections on the
> happenings at TCD on the occasion of the David Irving debate.
>
> If fascism could be defeated in debate, I assure you that it would never have
> happened, neither in Germany, nor in Italy, nor anywhere else.  Those who
> recognized its threat at that time and tried to stop it were, I assume, also
> called "a mob".  Regrettably too many "fair-minded people" didn't either try,
> or want to stop it, and, as I witnessed myself during the war, accommodated
> themselves with it when it took over.
>
> The anti-fascism of some of these people germinated rather late, in fact only
> when they realized that the Third Reich had lost the war, the Führer was
> becoming an embarrassment and his system of government a liability.
>
> People who witnessed fascism at its height are dying out, but the ideology is
> still there, and its apologists are working hard at a comeback.  Past
> experience should teach us that fascism must be stopped before it takes hold
> again of too many minds, and becomes useful once again to some powerful
> interests, as it happened in the thirties, or in Chile.  I am one hundred per
> cent behind the students and staff at TCD, and congratulate them for showing
> the way. -- Yours, etc., F. L. Frison, 69 Newtown Avenue, Blackrock, Co
> Dublin.

Here's the snopes entry on the 2nd quote (supposedly from Hitler):

  http://www.snopes.com/adolf-hitler-smashing-the-nucleus/

And the third quote about clicktivism is just (apt) snark.  But there's a big
difference between "chasing them away with sticks" and "holding the line".  The
former is bad.  The latter is good.

--
gⅼеɳ