So I repeated Nicks experiment on the Densmore Coffe Effect (the one where
some silly imp has some not the: run around the block or get inspired to do
fun things.)

I think Nich and steve are both right on this one. ^_^

Hmm so does adding water discourage sprites and dwarfs from creating a
quatum tunnel to socks where the coffe goes?
Or is it as Merdle and you suspect adding water to coffe grounds gets water
into the dry beans and also help the machine work? ^_^

As a follow up question: Being the good Norse+Iriish person I am I prefer
blends of Arabica+Esspresso+Robusto. Rubusto is weirdly hard to find but
doesn't taste like Freds Burnt What was that.?
Adding water to the grounds somehow gives Trader Joes Smooth Morning blend
a nice smooth flavor. Any guesses to Why?  I joke their's some Quantom
effect going on. :P

Might it  have to do with steam (in the basket?) and or the basket having a
extra cup or so somehow rounds out the flavors?