*caugh aka node stinks on windows cough*
lol one one hand this is part of a problem with saying sure lets have stuff
"Just" use a crap ton of stuff. And it'd be just realy nice for programs to
be in a little box or something so as when things go wrong it doesn't blow
up the machine.
On the other hand their is a weird kind ore oh, well at least I'm not the
only one looking at computers that come with 'just' 16 or 32 gigs of ram
and a bajillion cores that may or may note be async and thinking: uh their
is a fundementall problem here when even a common browser can and will blow
up your computer!

I hold out hope that'll meen finally having nice fun tablets and stations
perpahsp like those seen on StarTrek, or the realy cool 3D computer kinds
of things in marvel movies and TV shows.

You are right though Russel that with really cool  things that people want
to do with their browser (or any other program as far as I can tell).  That
meens tackling two things: getting programs to stop using ever inch of hard
disk space and memory. and when it goes kamoom to clean up after itself.
FireFox Quaunt, Classic, and chrome are all really bad about that.  As a
concrete example today I was looking for pictures to make a colage (sort
of) announcement. On one hand I had been looking for just the right style
of pictures for easily 70 minutes or so whilest listening to some super fun
music on Youtube and then SoundCloud. When Windows told me Doom has
happend! we'll try to fix Doom (it never does)
On the other hand that was my que to stop (TechNech for one, lunch for
another).
But what if it had been something important much more important than
something I just do for fun as Vauluntary thing? That'd suck.

Inothers words Nick if you're still following this thread. Don't worry,
it's not just you that finds Firefox (and chrome) to have  pretty bad
habits. I tried to explain that humorously this morning to you. I hope you
didn't get horribly lost. My weird Dyslexic brain for some reason sometimes
(often actually) finds weird humor or anecdotes a bit simpler sometimes to
explain things as best I can. Don't let me confuse you. Someone else may
have better skills at short explinations than I often have.

Personaly I find Quantum a weird mixed bag  it's extension type (you tan
turn on and off the protocall droids/extensions) hit and mis In fancy speak
it's XTags real time loading(possibly transitional) with a node in a small
fake computer. In simple speak addons can turn on and off, and each one is
in a fake computer. Sounds good on paper...till one goes kaboom (Looking at
you Xtag Flash and Hangouts)