From: Friam [mailto:friam-boun...@redfish.com] On Behalf Of Russell Standish
Sent: Friday, December 08, 2017 8:02 PM
To: Friam@redfish. com <friam@redfish.com>
Subject: Re: [FRIAM] firefox and memory

The problem is that these days, the browser tries to _be_ the operating
system. A bit like what people complained about emacs back in the day.

Not sure there's much to be done about it, other than grumpy old men rants.
If its really important to you, you'll need to buy yourself the same class
of machine developers use, ie minimum 16GB memory 3+GHz multicore processor.
Otherwise, you just have to kill off the browser every day or two (akin to
doing the 3 fingered solute on good ol' DOS) to release the execessive
amounts of memory.

Written on 7.5 yo Netbook with 1GB memory... :).

Dr Russell Standish                    Phone 0425 253119 (mobile)
Principal, High Performance Coders
Visiting Senior Research Fellow        hpco...@hpcoders.com.au
Economics, Kingston University         http://www.hpcoders.com.au