I've been pretty happy with my Google Pixel 2, though Renee' still has her 1.
Mine is unlocked and I explored different OSes when I first got my Pixel 1. But
I think I've satisfied my tinkering on my service phone for awhile.  I was
tinkering on my ZTE Open.  But now I'm thinking of getting a Fair phone:
https://www.fairphone.com/en/

--
☣ uǝlƃ