On 4/2/20 10:20 AM, uǝlƃ ☣ wrote:
> I think she does, indirectly. Homeostasis might be easier to maintain with a
> diversity of strategies preserved in the milieu. Authoritarianism is a
> monotonic forcing structure. As long as there's a vibrant ecology of
> revolutionaries throbbing underneath, then authoritarianism is A-OK. But if
> it squashes the diversity required to find new solutions over time, then it's
> not.
>
> On 4/2/20 9:09 AM, Marcus Daniels wrote:
>> I don't think Ms. Gaia cares too much about the authoritarianism problem,
>> though.

The current rebalkanisation of the EU (borders stood back up to limit
wandering tourists spreading SARS-CoV-2) is allowing for a diversity of
leaves) we will find that diversity of response to be very helpful
compared to say... a one-size-fits-all.

We complain that the current free-for-all among governors of states is
"a travesty" but truly NOT compared to the travesty if POTUS45 had
chosen (been aware enough, able?) to squash it down.   We'd all be
getting rousted from our shelter-in-place homes to attend Easter
Services at a church of our^H^H^H *his* choice.

The inner-engineer in all of us may rail at the inefficiency of these
"organic" responses, but in the bottom line, I think they will be yet
more "robust".

I (re)submit the alternative to Gaia which is the Medea hypothesis:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medea_hypothesis

perhaps no more (or less) absurd as an allegorical referent

- Steve