Hi, Gary,

There are lots of things that “people like us” don’t know about celestial
mechanics.  Like the moon traverses the sky from its northern most point to its
southern most point EVERY MONTH.  More over, now a days, the Full moon is high
in the winter and low in the summer.  Some years down the road, it will be low
in the winter and high in the summer.  I think it’s better this way.  I like
having the extra light in the winter.  Where you are  the moon must track from
the northern sky to the southern sky every month, right?

Why can’t I get my mind around that?

Nicholas Thompson

Clark University

 <mailto:thompnicks...@gmail.com> thompnicks...@gmail.com