FWIW and then similarly someone came up with:

/*It's those with insight who must make the concessions*/.

(which sucks).

On "half the country is batshit crazy" - to be generous a big percentage of voters were struggling making a living or making ends meet, raising kids, making payments, etc., before COVID-19. With LOUD voices on both sides I see a messaging saturation effect and voters making a relatively random choice, or voting R because they always did, and this partly because they don't have the time or luxury to figure out anything better. Why else would races be so tight when a landslide should have happened? People continue to not vote in their own interest.

Robert C