As an erstwhile tennis player, I have to say "spin matters"... when the ball comes over the net and I set my feet and body to return it, swing my racket with optimal trajectory to intercept it, all that would seem to matter is "Is my perception of the trajectory of the ball true, and will my racket intercept it in the 'sweet spot' such that I can return it well?"    Up to the *spin* on the ball, all that "truth of trajectory" is accurate. Frank may note that the spin on the ball *on the bounce* is more important than the spin when it hits my racket, which just changes the calculus of the "truth of the trajectory" to "pre bounce", but still holds.

When Nick offers these "factoids" about China's behaviour, posture, claims, which Epoch Times or DJT might have relayed as well, I would claim that they have a "spin" on them which is either detectible in the flight of the ball (aerodynamics) or it's bounce, but ultimately on how it responds to my racket when I try to return (or perhaps just deflect or capture it?).  Observing DJT/Epoch/NST's racket action as the ball leaves gives me some good hints about spin, as well as aerodynamic flight, bounce, etc.  Also knowing NST/AlanWakim/GEPR/DJT's history with various shots they may make gives me some hints as to whether the arm/wrist/racket flourish was actually the spin I percieved or some other spin I might be spoofed into expecting.

So I guess the point is more "Partial Truth".    Nick's list of factoids might be arguable, and the context in which they are offered might also be arguable, but more important to me is "what is the thesis, and what is the intent?".  DJT and Wakim are likely to be trying to generate a certain kind of fear/judgement that they then can use to further one or more facets of an agenda we don't trust and perhaps implicitly fear.   NST is more likely (my judgement/guess) to be honest in any fear-mongering/awfulizing I might attribute to him... he truly is worried that the Red Scare monster stories of his youth are in fact real and coming true (perhaps DJT and Wakim have some real fear going on as well). GEPR (in my experience) is more likely "just" stirring the pot, trying to get a more interesting conversation going, and if he has an agenda to try to convince us of something with those volleys across the net, that agenda is somewhat contingent and episodic? and likely to defer to a larger agenda which might well have a strong component of curiosity and playfulness in pursuit of that curiosity, even if the balls sting when they smack you (maybe racketball is more the correct target domain?).

So... back to Nick...  Are you steelmanning or strawmanning China/Xi/CCP/etc or is there a tin/copper/bronze/steelman you could offer that isn't Red Scare all the way down?

   "Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get
   you"

I'm not trying to claim that there is nothing to be askeered of from China, but rather more that what we are likely to flinch away from on the face of their statements and actions may well not be the most useful thing to prioritize, and may be a ploy to make us flinch while they put something entirely different past us.

Also in the spirit of Jijitsu or Aikido, it makes a bit more sense to understand what one's opponent is *actually* intending/doing/capable of and responding to that more as a "dance" than a confrontation.   I'm interested in how we (western civ?) can "dance" with the East (far and near) rather than how we can dominate or beat them down.   The world is too small (IMO) to make it into a cage-fight rink (or ThunderDome) if we have the opportunity to turn it more into a dance hall or better yet an extended EcoSystem in which humans are (for better or worse) dominant elements.

gRumble,

 - Steve