Car tyres produce vastly more particle pollution than exhausts, tests show
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/jun/03/car-tyres-produce-more-particle-pollution-than-exhausts-tests-show

I think it was SteveS who mentioned recently that when we talk of high-tech,
innovation, and generally geeky stuff, materials science produces some of the
coolest ... [ahem] ... content. I tend to choose the hardest, highest mileage
for car tires and softer, more grippy, ones for the motorcycle. The pickup is a
dance between the two depending on what kind of terrain I spend most time on.
Lately I'm all street with the truck so hard tires (with 4WD) works well even
in risky situations like icy roads. But I've never given even a single thought
to how they produce grippy vs high wear tires ... one more rabbit hole I
probably won't map out.

Oh, and I'd be remiss if I didn't vent a bit on those morons who keep their
studded tires on too much of the year ... or driving around the damned city where
they plow anyway. Those people make me angrier than tail gaiters. How solipsist
can you be? >8^|

--
Mɥǝu ǝlǝdɥɐuʇs ɟᴉƃɥʇ' ʇɥǝ ƃɹɐss snɟɟǝɹs˙

https://bit.ly/virtualfriam