It's a valid point and agrees with my lay out of when it is and is not appropriate to
assert cross-trophic attributes. Sometimes you are your fist. Sometimes you are not your
fist. Unless one makes their full argument like you're implying with the "punch in
the face" function, including what replaceable function you're relying on, it's
lazy, at best, to assume one way or the other.

But in the case of Sarbajit's rhetoric. He knows full well that the US
government is not a singular thing, at least as much as I know the Indian
government is not well-balled up into the singular Modi. I'd buy the laziness
from an intellectually challenged right winger at the pub, but not from
Sarbajit.